Payment & Shipping Terms:
|Chlorine Gas Output:||1125 Kg/day||15% Sodium Hydroxide:||7300 L/day|
|12.5% Sodium Hypochlorite:||9500 L/day||Salt Required:||1.5 Kg/kg Cl2|
|Power Required:||3.0 Kwh/kg Cl2||Water Required:||5.45 L/kg Cl2|
Automated Operation 12.5% Sodium Hypochlorite Generator for Chlor-alkali Plant
Considered Inherently Safe Technology (IST), Klorigen™ provides a safe and efficient alternative to traditional pressurized chlorine gas offers a lower cost option to commercial bulk-delivered sodium hypochlorite. This technology allows users to generate on-demand at the point of use, eliminating any possibility of hazardous gas release.
Klorigen™ generators uniquely combine brine electrolysis with advanced membrane technology to deliver chlorine gas under a vacuum as well as co-product sodium hydroxide (caustic soda) available for pH elevation. Alternatively, the chlorine and sodium hydroxide products can be combined within the process to produce sodium hypochlorite at concentrations up to 15% (150 g/L).
Features and benefits:
1. Chlorine gas safely generated on demand at ambient (1 bar) pressure
2. Capable of simultaneously producing chlorine gas, sodium hydroxide and high strength sodium hypochlorite (up to 15%)
3. Proven chlor-alkali technology uniquely modified for on-site applications
4. Easily adjustable output (systems have a 10:1 turndown ratio)
5. Minimal operator involvement (less than one hour per day)
6. Modular design facilitates future expansion without significant increase in footprint
7. Warranted up to five full years of operation
8. Quiet operation - few rotating components
9. Automated sensors and shutdowns
10. Easily fitted with or adapted to SCADA control systems
11. Cost competitive with most alternative treatment methods
Traditionally, water utilities have used chlorine gas as the disinfectant of choice in their
treatment plants. However, as the global specter of terrorism grows and public safety
issues continue to rise in prominence, concerns have been raised as to the future of this
Although some progressive public utilities are evaluating alternative technologies to
pressurized chlorine gas, chlorine remains the most effective broadband disinfectant. In
response to this preference, Klorigen™ on-site chlorine gas generators can facilitate the
continuation of current disinfection methods while promoting safe practices through the
use of chlorine gas at ambient pressure.
Alternatively, water disinfection may be safely and effectively accomplished using
Klorigen™ on-site generation of high strength sodium hypochlorite solution. Storage of
12.5% concentration requires less than one-fifteenth of that needed for "low-strength"
(i.e. less than 0.8%) generated sodium hypochlorite.
|Maximum Daily Production Rates||K-4||K-8||K-16|
|Chlorine gas||565 kg/day||1125 kg/day||2250 kg/day|
|15% sodium hydroxide||3650 L/day||7300 L/day||14600 L/day|
|12.5% sodium hypochlorite||4750 L/day||9500 L/day||19000 L/day|
System flow chart
Contact Person: wu